The Moseley Shoals was founded in April 2000 and has grown into a thriving and diverse sporting and leisure swimming club. We are a mixed ability group - everything from 'splash & chat' to competition standard swimming, and now our popular water polo. Some years we attend swimming competitions, for which extra coaching sessions are provided.
SOCIALS There is a social dimension to the group, including undoing all the good work by going to the pub after each swimming session ! We also have cinema / theatre trips, balti nights, picnics in the summer, and visits to Moseley Farmers Markets. Most years we have a short break away on the continent for regular members, with friends welcome to join us.NEW MEMBERS There is no need to pay a joining fee, or sign-up for an ongoing commitment - just come along and join in whenever you can. We have an informal approach to membership, and regular members get involved in our range of social activities.
- Your first session of swimming or water polo is free, in order to give us a try!
- We use city council pools and their staff can guide you to us.
- We hire the whole pool, so just get changed and come through to the poolside.
- We usually have our own lifeguard, so look out for them, they will check your swimming ability and introduce you to at least a couple of members.
- We are a friendly bunch so don't worry if you come on your own, but you are welcome to come with a friend.
SWIM ABILITY We welcome male and female swimmers of all abilities, but currently cannot take non-swimmers, although we can guide you towards lessons to get you started.
BANK HOLIDAYS - we do not swim on bank holiday Mondays, nor the Sunday of the same weekend.
TAGS new dedicated trans swim session - the recent pilot was a great success. The first session of 2016 is Sunday 7 February at Moseley Road Pool from 1.30pm to 2.30pm. Sessions will then run on the first Sunday each month - 6 March, 3 April.
PRIDE IN SPORTS is a network of gay sports groups in Birmingham and the West Midlands which supports an annual festival and joint marketing. Further details here....